Allied Bindery is a leader in post press services. Located in the Metro Detroit area, Allied Bindery is dedicated to delivering worry free solutions. Whether it’s long or short runs, specialty projects or meeting tight deadlines, we strive not only to deliver outstanding products and services, but to give you peace of mind knowing your job is in the right hands. As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Allied Bindery meets and exceeds the strictest quality standards in the world.
At Allied Bindery, you can count on us to understand that time is money in your business. Our aggressive scheduling allows us to consistently beat deadlines while delivering high quality production and service. This approach ensures that delivery of your final product is never delayed due to extensive bindery schedules.
The value of your project and the service level you expect for your customers is always our primary consideration. This is what sets Allied Bindery apart from our competition and will allow you to do the same.
PUR ADHESIVE BINDING
PUR Adhesives differ from conventional hot melts in that they cure by cross linking via a chemical reaction with moisture contained in paper stock or surrounding air. Once cured, the adhesive’s higher molecular weight provides a tough, pliable bond that is resistant to temperature extremes. PUR adhesives deliver distinct performance benefits over typical binding adhesives. PUR Adhesive is the best choice for:
- Cross grain, coated, recycled and synthetic stocks.
- Improving layflat characteristics by reducing application thicknesses to half that of conventional hotmelts, while generating improved bonding results.
- Resisting the effects of extreme temperatures, maintaining bonding attributes from -45F (-43C) to 200F (93C) after curing.
- Subjects the book block to less heat by using a lower application temperature.
- Increased Page-Pull and Page-Flex values.
Allied Bindery has been a leader in implementing the use of PUR adhesive and application technology. We were the first trade bindery to introduce PUR adhesive in the Upper Mid-West region. We were the first bindery in North America to successfully implement PUR Extrusion Application technology.
- PUR Binding
- Layflat Binding
- Hot Melt Adhesive Binding
- Notch Binding
- Tape Binding
Our binding capabilities include:
- 1/16” minimum book thickness
- 2 3/8” maximum book thickness
- In Line Book Saws for Two-Up finished binding
- Multiple Up capability
- Small trim size options with spine heights down to two inches (2”)
- Large format binding with maximum trim size up to 11” x 17”
- Gate Fold and Double Gate Fold Covers
- Up to 28 forms in a single binding pass
When your project needs to open and lay perfectly flat, mechanical binding is the best choice. Whether you require Twin Loop (Wire-O) or Plastic Coil, mechanical binding is an excellent option for cookbooks, calendars, instruction manuals or diaries. Mechanical binding styles also provide the opportunity for extended tabs, pocket folder covers, short pages, fold outs and other design attributes that allow you to specialize your project.
- Twin Loop (Wire-O)
- Semi-concealed Wire-O
- Concealed Wire-O
- Plastic Coil
- Eight (8) pockets and Cover Feeder
- Multiple Up stitching
- Two-Up in-line trimming
- Loop Stitching
- Small format designs
High-speed cutting is an important aspect to almost any post press project. At Allied Bindery, we utilize computerized cutting systems capable of precision cutting at high production speeds. From in-line weigh scales to robotic palletizing, speed and accuracy is the name of the game.
Folding is often the beginning of the conversion process. No matter how beautiful your printing may be, if the folding off the color break contains wrinkles or dog-ears, the project will look sub-par. Let Allied Bindery handle all of your folding needs. Our capabilities include:
- Gate folding
- Double gate folding
- Double parallel folding
- Accordion folding
- Roll folding
- Signature and Right Angle folding
- In Line Scoring and Perforating
- Fugitive Gluing
- Finished Spine Gluing for 8 page brochures
- Shrink Wrapping
- Round Cornering
QUALITY CULTURE – LEADERSHIP IN ACTION
Allied Bindery is serious about our commitment to achieve a “Zero Defect” environment. We have invested heavily in cutting edge error proofing systems using both industry available and custom designed technology to ensure that we meet and exceed your expectations. We have been leaders in the identification and implementation of Quality and Error Proofing Systems as evidenced by the following accomplishments:
- First trade bindery in the Upper Mid-West to achieve ISO certification
- First trade bindery in the Upper Mid-West to implement OptiGraph Digital Camera Signature Recognition Systems on perfect binding lines.
- First bindery in North America to successfully install computer controlled PUR extrusion application technology on perfect binding lines.
- First bindery in North America to implement a ProControl Adhesive application sensor and measurement system on perfect binding lines.
- First trade bindery in Upper Mid-West to integrate high speed computerized weigh scales into perfect binding lines.
- First trade bindery in Upper Mid-West to design and integrate high speed video cameras into perfect binding lines to detect and remove skewed or mis-registered books from the production stream.
Please join us for a tour to see how we validate pagination, registration, adhesive application, page counts and more.